Apricot Cherry Squares
Yield: 12 servings
- 10 cups air-popped popcorn
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. water
- 1/2 cup sugar-free apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Combine popcorn and cherries in large bowl.
- Combine sugar, water, preserves, corn syrup, and lemon juice in a small saucepan; bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
- Cook until mixture forms thick, “ropy” threads that drip from the spoon.
- Pour slowly over popped popcorn and mix thoroughly.
- Spray 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Press mixture into baking dish and cool completely before serving.